"Perhaps the genius of ultrarunning is its supreme lack of utility. It makes no sense in a world of space ships and supercomputers to run vast distances on foot. There is no money in it and no fame, frequently not even the approval of peers. But as poets, apostles and philosophers have insisted from the dawn of time, there is more to life than logic and common sense."
- David Blaikie

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Moab 100 2008 Pictures

Last week I couldn't imagine feeling good enough to run 100 miles. With a little taper this week I'm starting to think it sounds fun! The pictures look pretty tame...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe; great race out there last weekend. I had fun talking with you early; and you kept me scared for the rest of the race. Great Job!!! good luck to you the rest of the season. Hopefully I'll be down to watch the San Juan Solstice and the Hardrock. See you on the trails.

Duncan C

Joseph Lea said...

Hey Duncan! You rocked it! I had some knee issues after pounding that slickrock 80 miles and just loafed it in. Just posted a report. Hope to see you out in Colorado later this year!