Closing out the 2008 log it looks like I made it to 2812 miles. That's roughly the distance from Chapel Hill to San Francisco, which some people will do in the span of a few months. A bit short of my 3k goal, but 850 miles better than 2007 and 2534 better than 2006 when I was just coming back to the sport. Avg # of days run per week was 4.91 this year, but there were a lot of 2x per day runs during peak weeks.
Update on Race schedule for 2009:
- I'm 59th on the Massanutten 100 waitlist. Not looking good there, so I may fly out and do the Moab 100 in March. I'd like to get another one under my belt soon (or on my belt... not sure if they award buckes).
- Hardrock 100 application is in and the lottery is Feb 1st. Not good odds as it's my first year in the lottery there.
- San Juan Solstice 50M registration opens next week at 2:59 am next Thurs and typically fills in a couple hours. I'm confident about getting into that one and have plans to spend about a week in Telluride with Ringo and a big group of Trailheads.
- Cascade Crest 100 applications go in the mail Feb 9th. Should get into that without any trouble.
- In the mean time, Uwharrie 40 is around the corner and I'm on track for a decent performance there I think.